Papa Scott’s migration from Manila to MT took a different but similar course to mine. I had downloaded my manila root and loaded it up in Radio, but couldn’t really get my head around manipulating the object db or playing with tools to xml-ify it. So, I found a piece of VB code from Simon Fell that uses PocketSOAP to query manilasites for manila weblog info. I quickly modified it to iterate from 1 to the current weblog entry number, call manilasites.com via SOAP for each entry, and spit out the text format MT expects as input, very much like Scott did with his perl script that parses the XML files.
Worked great. Was such a quick hack that I didn’t even save the code changes on exit from VB.